The Appraisers Association’s Code of Ethics requires members to adhere to rigorous guidelines that ensure unparalleled standards of ethics, conduct and professionalism. The Code of Ethics requires the appraiser to serve the public interest as follows:
- Provide independent valuation outside of third party influences.
- Retain no outside interest in the subject property other than an accurate and professional value.
- Contract for appraisal work only within the areas of their professional expertise.
- Reach objective value conclusions by considering all factors in appraisal standards.
- Use the highest standards of connoisseurship in examining and documenting property.
- Professional remuneration is independent of the value of the subject property.
Source: Appraisers Association